Ardabil Province is a famous tourist destination in Iran with its attractive historical sites and breathtaking landscapes. Its pleasant and cool climate especially in spring and summer is almost always raved about by most visitors and residents.
The beautiful lakes in this province are: Neor Lake, Shorabil, Shorgol, Noshahr, Aloocheh, Kami Abad, and Molla Ahmad.
The most important rivers of the province are: Aras, Qaresoo, Qarehay, Khiyav Chayi, and Namin Chayi.
Pleasant weather and eye-catching nature in the spectacular mountainside of the high Sabalan Mountain are life-giving factors of Ardabil Province.
There are also more than 23 renowned hot mineral water springs mostly in the outskirts of the great Sabalan (see below) and some sophisticated water therapy complexes, as well as beautiful meadows and forests.
More than 5,500,000 tourists from different parts of Iran and the world visit the historical monuments and hot springs of Ardabil province every year.
The Mideast's tallest pedestrian suspension bridge in Meshgin shahr.
Attractive Historical Monuments and Places for Tourists:
- The Sheikh Safi-eddin Ardabili Complex (a Mausoleum belonging to Safavid periods) which consists of several historical monuments such as Chinikhaaneh, Jannatsara Mosque, Khanegah (monastery), Chelleh-Khaaneh, Shahidgaah, Cheragh Khaneh, and Haram-Khaneh
- The tomb of Sheikh Jabraeil (the ancestor of Esmaeil Safavid) in Kalkhoran
- The museum of the Mausoleum of Sheikh-Safi –eddin Ardabili
- Jomeh Mosque - from the pre-Islamic period dating back to Saljugis’ reign
- The Bazaar Complex in Ardabil dating back to the Safavid period
- Eleven historical bridges belonging to Safavid period
- Six ancient bathrooms built in the Safavid period
- Five ancient houses constructed in the Safavid period
- A Complex belonging to IIkhanids times which is situated around the mausoleum of Sheik Safi-eddin Ardabili
- Mirzaa-Aliakbar Mosque
- The Ruins of Fire-Temples dating back to the Sasanids periods in Atashgaah
- The Tomb of Imam-Zadeh Saleh (a holy Shrine)
- Sheikh Heidar tomb (Meshkin Shahr)
Sarein, a city in Ardabil Province of Iran is one of the most beautiful cities with a pristine nature and pure climate that lies at the foot of Sabalan Mountains.
Due to its geological position, Ardabil Province is home to many thermal and mineral springs, which are among the most important and popular ones in Iran and are mostly used for therapeutic purposes. The most important springs are as follows:
- Asad Spring, Sarein, Ardabil
- Bilehdareh Spring, Sarein, Ardabil
- Bushly Spring, Ardabil
- Eilndow Spring, Meshgin Shahr
- Gavmish Goly Thermal Spring, Sarein, Ardabil
- General Thermal Spring, Sarein, Ardabil
- Qaresoo Thermal Spring, Sarein, Ardabil
- Qotursoo Spring, Meshgin Shahr
- Qaynarjeh Spring, Meshgin Shahr
- Sarein Mineral Spring, Ardabil
- Sardabeh Spring, Ardabil
- Sarisoo Thermal Spring, Sarein, Ardabil
Ardabil is an ancient city in northwestern Iran, and the capital of Ardabil Province.
The natural features of the province of Ardabil are mentioned in the Avesta, according to which Zoroaster was born by the river Aras and wrote his book in the Sabalan Mountains. During the Islamic conquest of Iran, Ardabil was the largest city in Azarbaijan, and remained so until the Mongol invasion period.
Shah Ismail I started his campaign to nationalize Iran's government and land from here, but consequently announced Tabriz as his capital in 1500 CE. Yet Ardabil remained an important city both politically and economically until modern times.
Beautiful Nature of Ardabil Province:
Sadeghi historical house
Pleasant weather and eye-catching nature in the spectacular mountainside of the high Sabalan Mountain are life-giving factors of Ardabil Province. Extraordinary features of Ardabil's nature are attractively presented in the north of Iran, and everyone who is exposed to the unique nature of this province will unbelievably experience two paradoxical feelings of excitement and tranquility. With its beautiful nature, green plains, and Sabalan hot water springs, Ardabil Province creates pleasant memories, and visiting its historical monuments as well as its villages brings liveliness and happiness along.
With its beautiful nature, green plains, and Sabalan hot water springs, Ardabil Province creates pleasant memories
One of the important natural attractions of Ardabil is the beautiful Shorabil Lake. The lake’s water was used to be salty, but the addition of fresh water has reduced its salinity and even pisciculture is practiced in the lake now.