The Port town of Jask (Bandar Jask) is located to the east of Hormozgan province and experiences a warm and dry weather, being under the influence of an arid and semi-arid type of climate. In ancient times this region was a center for the Mitraism cult and the temple of Anahita is a remnant here.
In 1330 AD., Soltan Qotbuddin ruled Jask, and in the year 1614 AD., the British government selected this region as a trading port. The East India Company was established here in the year 1619 AD. In late 1620 AD. the Portuguese halted the entrance of two ships of the East India Company from docking in the port of Jask. Thus evoking a severe battle between the British government and the Portuguese, which resulted in the defeat of the latter.
In order to create further dominating measures in the vicinity, in 1864 AD. the British government set up a telegraph system along with an under water cable thereby setting communications between Iran and India. Today Bandar-e-Jask is a comparatively thriving region and resembles a peninsula that is surrounded by water on the three sides, enhanced by a tranquil and beautiful coastal area.