Chitgar Lake or Persian Gulf Lake (Lake of the Martyrs of the Persian Gulf) is an artificial and recreational lake in the western part of Tehran. It offers a lot of amusing activities to its visitors. Its nice fresh weather enlivens both the body and soul. The construction of this lake has taken a long time and a lot of efforts.
The western and southern part of the lake is Chitgar Park which is a magnificent forest park.
The lakeshore landscape becomes very fascinating at the sunset and nights.
the complex has a total area of around 250 hectares; 130 hectares across the lake and 120 hectares on its coastal zone and resorts. About 80% of the body of water comes from Kan Creek, and the remaining 20% comes from central areas and surface runoffs of the district.
In 1968, within the first master plan of the city of Tehran, it was planned to construct a lake in western Tehran. But due to technical and budgetary constraints, the construction of the lake remained dormant for many years.
From 2003 to 2010, some detailed studies were accomplished and the uncertainties of the plan were reviewed. Eventually, the construction of the lake area began in September 2010.
A new experience of all kinds of restaurants and foods you can find in Bamland near Chitgar Lake.
The lakeshore landscape becomes very fascinating at the sunset and nights. The beautiful environment of this lake has increased the touristic visits of the area. The visual elements of the lake have brought it a magnificent view. There are also some entertaining facilities including amusing islands, wildlife islands, educational islands, sailing docks, water park, aqua club, recreational harbor, welfare facilities, amusement park, and accommodation services.
Tehran was one of the villages of Ray city in the Safavid era. At the time of Mongol conquests and destruction of Ray, a large group of people migrated to Tehran village and brought about the development and flourishment of this place. In the Safavid period, Shah Tahmasb ...
let the kindness and spirit of the people draw you in! Iranian are some of the most genuinely hospitable people youve ever met. They never want anything in return, they just want to show you a good time and hope that you'll spread the word back home that Iran is a safe place to visit. Read More