Opening Time: every day (9:00 - 18:45) Last entry: 17:30
The complex contains 18 palaces belonged to the royal families of Qajar and Pahlavi, in a unique and beautiful garden.
The complex was first built and inhabited by Qajar monarchs in the 19th century. After an expansion of the compounds, Reza Shah of the Pahlavi Dynasty lived there in the 1920s, and his son, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, moved there in the 1970s. After the 1978 Revolution, the complex became a museum.
- Ahmad Shahi Palace - House of Ahmad Shah Qajar(Under construction)
- Green Palace (also known as the Shahvand House)-The house of Reza Shah (the first king of Pahlavi Dynasty).
- White Palace (Mellat Museum) - The summer house of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi (the last king of Pahlavi Dynasty) and Farah Diba.
- The Special House, currently used by the presidency organization.
- Asvad Palace (Ministers’ Office), the building is used as the “Museum of Fine Arts”.
- Shams Palace (named after the sister of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi), it is “The Royal Clothing Museum” now.
- Ashraf Palace (named after the sister of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi), it is “The Royal Dishes Museum” now.
- House of Gholam Reza (named after Gholam Reza Pahlavi), it is “The Royal Weapons Museum” now.
- The Queen Mother Palace, currently used by the presidency organization
- The House of Ahmad Reza (the son of Reza Shah), currently used by the presidency organization.
- Abdol Reza Building, named after Abdul Reza Pahlavi, the son of Reza Shah.
- Bahman Palace, the Management Office of Saadabad Complex.
- Shahram Palace, named after the son of Ashraf Pahlavi. It is “The Military Museum” now.
- House of Farideh Ghotbi, mother of Farah Diba, currently used by the presidency organization.
- The 1st House of Reza Pahlavi, it is “Behzad Museum” now.
- The 2nd House of Reza Pahlavi, currently used by the presidency organization.
- House of Farahnaz and Ali Reza, children of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. it is “MirEmad Calligraphy Museum” now.
- House of Leila, named after Leila Pahlavi.
“Royal Albums and Documents Museum”, located at the Imperial Guard building, “The Royal Kitchen Museum” located at the Kitchen of White Palace, “Omidvar Brothers Museum” , the museum of the first Iranian tourists, “Water Museum”, “Farshchian Museum”, and “The Royal cars Museum” are other museums of Saadabad that have been added to this complex in recent years.
Gates to the complex:
Nezamie Gate, from which Reza Shah came into the complex.
Zaferanieh Gate, for the presidency organization.
Gate of Darband Street, from which the emperor Mohammad Reza Pahlavi came into the complex.
Gate of Darband Square
Ja'far Abad Gate (1st)
Ja'far Abad Gate (2nd)
The White House Gate
Darband and Zaferanieh Gates are open to public access now.
Tehran was one of the villages of Ray city in the Safavid era. At the time of Mongol conquests and destruction of Ray, a large group of people migrated to Tehran village and brought about the development and flourishment of this place. In the Safavid ...
The construction of this museum had begun in the year 1956 AH and finalized in the year 1961.
This was erected on grounds having an area of 1448 sq. m. and was inaugurated ...MORE
Share this page:
let the kindness and spirit of the people draw you in! Iranian are some of the most genuinely hospitable people youve ever met. They never want anything in return, they just want to show you a good time and hope that you'll spread the word back home that Iran is a safe place to visit. Read More